- Miguel Frolich, Adaptive Learning and Coastal Management: Linking Governance and Management through Monitoring and Evaluation; University of the Sunshine Coast (PhD, co-supervisor)
- Juana Lucini, Networks for Global Environmental Governance: The Sustainable Development Goals; University of the Sunshine Coast (PhD, co-supervisor)
- George Freduah, Climate Change and Fisheries in Ghana: Strategies for Building Adaptive Capacity by Small-Scale Fishers; University of the Sunshine Coast (PhD, 2016, primary supervisor)
- Marina Guedes, University of the Sunshine Coast (internship, 2015)
- Lucas Corvacho, James Cook University (internship, 2011)
I welcome inquiries from prospective students who wish to undertake a higher degree by research under my supervision. Opportunities also exist from time to time for motivated undergraduate students interested in developing research skills.